Location: Staten Island
Temporary/Permanent:(Temporary 6 months)
· Perform the day-to-day accounts receivable and accounts payable activities
· Analyze and reconcile balance sheet and income accounts
· Prepare monthly journal entries; preparation of month-end reporting
· Perform monthly close procedures
· Record grant expenses and allocate them to appropriate grants/funders.
· Track and manage grants contracts
· Record cash, deposits, credit cards, and wires
· Prepare monthly closeout activities and analyze monthly expenses and departmental budgets
· Prepare and analyze financial reports for program managers, Executive Director, and the Board.
· Work with the external accountant(s), prepare for the annual audit.
· Handle all bookkeeping
Qualifications and Skills:
· Minimum 3 years of bookkeeping/accounting experience
· CPA certification preferred but not required
· Budget management experience in a non-profit organization preferred
· Spanish language proficiency preferred.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
· Working knowledge of accounting software and Quickbooks.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume to with the subject line: Finance Manager
People from communities that traditionally experience discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity or immigration status; women; new parents; people with disabilities; and LGBTQ+ people are especially encouraged to apply.
People from communities that traditionally experience discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, or immigration status; women; new parents; people with disabilities; and LGBTQIA+ people are especially encouraged to apply.